Enjoy the Benefits of Better Eating
Benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet
Back in 2005 when we started on the plant based journey …
… all I could think about were the health related benefits of eating a whole food, plant based diet. After his heart attack, and inability to take medication, my goal was to keep my husband alive! Howard thrives on our plant based regimen. He has more energy and longer stamina. As far as my personal health, I was happy that I immediately lost about 20 pounds and my life long stomach/GI issues cleared up.
As time has gone by however, I have integrated a lot of new learning and knowledge about other benefits to a plant based, vegan diet. Namely, animal welfare and the environment. Before, I simply did not think about it, did not know about it, I was “comfortably unaware”. That is why I created the last two sessions about animal welfare and the environment.
Experts’ predict we will have 9 billion people on this planet in the year 2050. That is 2 billion more than we have now; meaning in 34 years we will gain 2 billion people! What will they all eat? Where will they live? What will we do? Certainly questions to ponder. I think about that every day.
When you follow a whole food, plant based, vegan diet you may:
- Lower cholesterol, blood pressure, & blood sugar
- Reverse or prevent of heart disease
- Reverse or prevent diabetes
- Enjoy lifelong healthy, consistent weight
- Have lower risk for developing some cancers
- Slow the progression of certain types of cancer
- May take fewer medications
- Experience better digestion
- Have clearer skin
- Enjoy better sleep
- Spend less money on food
- Enjoy a longer, healthier life!
- Cause fewer animals to be killed for food under horrific industrial procedures
- Cause fewer animals to be tortured for their products (milk, eggs etc.)
- Reduce carbon emissions 17%, methane emissions 24%, & nitrous oxide emissions by 21% at lower costs than energy industry focused interventions (carbon taxes & renewable energy)
- Enable new land to be available: Approximately 10 million square miles of land, currently used for animal agriculture, could be used for other purposes
- Enable dangerous antibiotic resistant infections to significantly decrease worldwide.
Take the first step to feeling fabulous!
Enjoy the dozens of physical, emotional and spiritual benefits that a whole food, plant-based diet can bring to you and your family.